Notes below were posted on Friday, August 12, 2005

My First Post



Okay, this is my first day blogging. I'm not sure exactly why I began this, except for a very pleasurable experience of reading a blog that a stranger put on the web. I won't say which one to protect her privacy, but it helped me immensely in understanding my daughter's pregnancy with my first grandbaby. Now, as the "stranger" blogger's baby and my grandbaby mature, I look forward to her new posts. I tried to get my daughter interested in this form of sharing, and even mentioned what I learned from the baby-posts. But you know how it is when you're pregnant and working -- Time is at a premium. I'm busy but not pregnant or a new mom, so I guess I'll do the family chore of posting new baby pictures. Tough job, but someone has to do it! Plus, I like working on the computer. I rarely watch TV anymore except for the news, so computer stuff is my form of entertainment and a pleasant diversion. Most of my computer time these days is editing video. I'm committing most of our old family VHS tapes to DVD. I now find that I'm getting a lot of video of the grandbaby, which I need to edit and put on DVD to show her kids some day.

My grandbaby, Megan, is pictured above. I'll probably add pictures as I give this blog URL to friends.